All publications of M Kamraju . हैदराबाद , भारत
CORONA AND GEOGRAPHY
This virus, originated from Wuhan, a small place in China, has caught the entire world today. I hope to overcome this soon.
Geography is the spatial and temporal study of the Earth and the geographical aspect of the corona cannot be ruled out.
1. A concept of geography is determinism, by whose supporters nature is considered more powerful than human. Nature controls human actions, culture, behavior. Perhaps due to the corona, nature is indirectly giving the message that the development done by nature, crushing it, is not acceptable.
2. The term geographical distance seems more relevant and humane than social distance to avoid corona.
3. More cases of corona from 35 ° to 45 ° northern latitudes and in countries located at latitudes above 45 ° have also been seen to be affected by corona.
Like - * New York * 40 ° 73 ',
* Italy * 38 ° to 45 ° northern latitude, * Spain * 36 ° to 42 °,
* China * Most population between 35 ° to 45 °,
More cases in the northern part of * Iran * around 35 °. In these countries, more cold is due to more infection. It should be noted that the warm climate reduces the effects of this virus but does not completely eliminate it.
4. Reducing Population density also reduces infection, as mentioned earlier that geographical distance is necessary, so in a big state like Rajasthan, especially in the desert, it is getting very less cases.
5. Malabar civet creatures roaming the streets of Kerala were not seen since 1990. Nature's message to humans is that maintaining biodiversity is extremely important.
6. Theories of geopolitics such as Mkinder and Mahan have also been challenged in the perspective that if science is used in diplomacy, pseudo-war or indirect war, along with water power (geographical power), then it is harmful for the whole world. Can be proved.
7. According to Malthus' population theory, if the increase in population exceeds the limit, then war, epidemic or famine automatically reduce it. I hope it does not happen, but something like this is happening.
8. Corona virus has come into our country only as a result of migration. Therefore, we should have provisions in our migration policy to deal with the epidemic. Reverse migration is also being seen. People are migrating from cities to villages.
9. Geography is the spatial and temporal study of the Earth.
1920 spanish flu
2003 SARS, 2009 Swine Flu, 2014 Ebola
Topical studies suggest that such epidemics are increasing with time and it is necessary to prevent animal diseases. Balance from nature is necessary.
10. Settlement pattern of a place can increase epidemic. As such, it is more likely to increase infection in settlements. Being a gated community, China has managed to reduce corona infections.
11. GIS geographical information system is proving to be very helpful in curbing this epidemic like Map making
12. Corona Hot spot can be identified and geo-fencing to prevent its infection.
The Arogya Setu app has been launched for this purpose.
13. The time is to adopt a systematic approach, rather than a regional approach as everyone globally has to fight the same epidemic.
14. If Ritter's principle of Unity in diversity is applied in this context, today despite all countries having biological and abiotic differences, they are working as one unit. We should also do this in times of trouble. All countries will help each other, only then we will be able to emerge from this epidemic.
Impact of COVID-19 on Industries
Due to this pandemic, that is trending across the globe, the situation of lock down or home quarantine has been arise since March 23rd to date, is likely to be increased. As a result, there are some industries in India facing acute problem.
Of them agriculture is a foremost one. According to some reports, an average of about one farmer is committing suicide for every 30minutes due to debt. Today situation of agriculture has become so worse than earlier that shortage of harvest labor, improper transport facilities were added as a special hardships to farmer society. These situations has lead to a reduction in production from farmers side.
Tourism: more than a lakh of people in India depend on tourism for livelihood whereas in today, from Chandni- chowk market in Delhi till rushy Streets of charminar have come to a stand-still positions. Also whole tourism department has been lock down due to pandemic fear. According to estimates, complete lock down of tourism has thrown government in to economic loss of about 20000 to 30000 crore.
Trade: Import and export are always two sides of a coin i.e., trade. Due to trade decline, aviation International flights are affecting with great hit. The former two aspects play a crucial role towards Indian economy in day-to-day. In such widespread situation Indian government is forced to run in major loss of trade economy.
Textile industry was on good hike previously but now, situations have changed otherwise and we’re running in great losses.
Electronics : India is a major importer of electronics. Most of the electronic items that are imported now fell lie in storages in due situation and their maintenance has become greater challenge to the company service men. If situation continues, there might be a great hike in rates of electronic goods after the relaxation of pandemic corona. Electronic department is trying their best to come out of this critical situation although it’s becoming meagre.
Automobile : In general, about lakhs of cars and bikes would be produced every year by the industries, but as of now not even a single industry is opened for production. Also, there’s a great scope for losses to automobile industries if this continues.
Iron and steel and mineral processing : Iron and steel are the basic raw material for many industries. All the industries are shutdown due to their less usage. Mining and mineral processing were totally shut across the world. So there’s almost less supply of minerals. Due to this petroleum and its products supply has come down. The import of petroleum has declined in such a great range i.e.,from few million liters in normal days to mere thousands of tons today.
Real Estate : Real Estate businesses have paused-up since last few weeks. All the construction work have come to stand-still due to various reasons although, main reason being lock down.
Software : there are many software industries rooted-out in every corner of the society. These software workers are now aiming at work from home projects but sitting and working for longer hours may affect them in the form of scoliosis.
Education : COVID-19 also had a greater impact over students. Not even a single school or an institute is open for students to attend. Since it’s started amidst the ssc and inter board examination, they were cancelled and the new exam schedule is yet to be declared.
Even in banking sector, investments and transactions are totally on hold. Even some pharma industries are on their way in work increasing their pace they are also on throw back. Paper industry also affected very badly as the usage of paper has declined to a maximum extent due to closure of various government and social institutions.
Transport : Railways is another important corner which is at most affected. There will arise huge loss per single day railway lock down whereas today one can imagine how much economic loss may occur in today situation. Along with the above, Roadways also stopped working. During the RTC strike also wheels on roads were paused which later fined government to spend crores of rupees for repairing those buses, again today similar situation may arise loading double burden on government amidst the lock down crisis.
Last but not the least, two divisions of society are being affected to the superlative stage during this pandemic. They are poor and middle-class. These sections are now workless and some middle class of the elderly may be nil at their bank balance leading them to starvation. In such pathetic situations some people are helping the people by donating groceries etc..
On behalf, we salute to those hands that are lending forward to feed the empty stomachs of needy and poor in such difficult situations, for their humanistic deeds.
*India going to face biggest problem*
As of now whole world is facing COVID-19 Terror,india is about to face a severe human disaster if not taken precautions.
Yesterday that is 4 April 2020 two person died due to Corona in Dharavi (Asia biggest slum).It is having a population of 7 lakh people in 2.1 sq km area.The density of population in 2.7 lakh per sq km.The biggest threat for us in that the area is lacking in basic sanitation facilities in most of the area drains are flowing open.
If proper measures are not taken it can take our country 20 years back.
To my analysis if 30% people are also our country is not ready to tackle such medical disaster.
So the government should take immediate measures to cope up with this.
Such as no movement for them.Deploying more police to observe them so that they can't roam outside for atlest 21 days.
Provide food for them.
If these are followed most probably we can fight against COVID-19.
Or else the consequences can't be imagined.