All publications of P.Charan Tej . हैदराबाद , भारत
Corona virus disease is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered corona virus.
Most people infected with the CO VID -19 virus will experience mild to moderate respiratory illness and recover without requiring special treatment. Older people, and those with underlying medical problems like cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, and cancer .
At this time, there are no specific vaccines or treatments for CO VID-19. However, there are many ongoing clinical trials evaluating potential treatments. WHO will continue to provide updated information as soon as clinical findings become available.
Most common symptoms:
- dry cough.
Less common symptoms:
- aches and pains.
- sore throat.
On average it takes 5–6 days from when someone is infected with the virus for symptoms to show, however it can take up to 14 days.
To prevent infection and to slow transmission of corona virus, do the following:
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water, or clean them with alcohol-based hand rub.
- Maintain at least 1 metre distance between you and people coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
- Refrain from smoking and other activities that weaken the lungs.
- Practice physical distancing by avoiding unnecessary travel and staying away from large groups of people.
Globally, 3,402,160 people have been infected by corona virus so far, and the total number of deaths from the disease stands at 239,623. Nations hit with most corona virus cases at present are the US (1,131,030 ) Spain (242,988), Italy (207,428), UK (177,454), France (167,346) and Germany (164,077 ).