के सभी प्रकाशन Manisha . दिल्ली , भारत
Orsen Welles Takes The Lead Role In His Film Citizen Kane
- Los Angeles: Orson Wellness "Citizens Kane", widely considered one of the greatest movies ever made, has lost it's 100% score on Rotten Tomatoes after the review aggregators website added a negative review from 80 years ago.
- The negative review, published by the Chicago Tribune's negative Citizen Kane Fails to Impress Critic as Greatest Ever Filmed", according to IndiWire.
- The review was published a days after the film first started rolling out into theaters in 1941.The critic branded the movie "a flop " and wrote that the creep and wishes "they'd let a little sunshine in".
- "It interesting. It's different. In fact, it's bizarre enough to become a museum piece. But it's sacrifice of simplicity to eccentricity robs it of distinction and general entertainment value, " the review said.
- The piece, according to IndieWire, was upload on Roten Tomatoes in line with the launch of the RT Archives, an archival hub introduced in November 2020,which houses and preserves editorial content related to classic and historical films.
- Not just Citizen Kane, classic such as a Night at the Opera Double Indemnity, Home of the Brave, Victim, Madchen in Uniform, The Dirty Dozen, and Gilda were issued new scores as part of the archival initiative.
- Citizen Kane, or rather its making, was the subject of David Fischer's multiple Oscar nominated and two time winner Mank. The movie, which won the Academy Award for best cinematography and best production design, focused on Citizen Kane screenwriter Herman J Mankiewicz.
- Widely considered to be one of the greatest movies ever made, Citizen Kane topped five consecutive British Film Institute Sight and Sound polls of critics, and ranked first in the American Film Institute's 100 years... 100 Movies list in 1998 and in 2007. It won the Oscar for best writing and was nominated in nine categories, but the film famously lost the best picture award to John Ford's family drama. How Green Was My Valley.