के सभी प्रकाशन Salony Mahajan . अमृतसर , भारत
OPEN BOOK EXAMINATION A RELIEF OR STILL A TASK TO PERFORM ? :
Recently, Many universities have conducted open book examination due to Covid-19 for final year students. I was also one of the one who gave the same.
What does it means?
Under open book examination the students would be able to refer books notes and other study material while answering questions.
PROCEDURE FOLLOWED WHILE TAKING EXAMS:
Also, due to spread of covid- 19 universities took this examination by way of sending question papers before 15 minutes of the prescribed time for competing papers, where students have to fill maximum 20 sheets at their home or in any place where they can concentrate or in any safe environment. Our university has give a time span of 2 hours where we have to attempt 4 questions out of 8 and each question carried 20 marks. After completion of the prescribed period of 2 hours students have to submit their sheets in a form of Pdf to a prescribed email as provided by the university. No webcams were used in the hole process.
What are the Pros and Cons of OBE ?
- Minimises burden on the students -
As, you can take help of books or other study materials while paper is ongoing so it proves to be less burdened on students.
- It saves papers, saving paper means saving trees-
As a set of 10 sheets were used for the completion of each exams so indirectly also saves papers.
- Safest mode -
Due to corona virus outbreak, too much gathering could be an outcome of its spread, so it is one of the safest mode.
- Can’t keep check on students -
One can’t be sure if the students has got somebody’s back.
- No time to check where is the answer-
Readily material has to be there while giving exams as there is no time for ripping pages and finding the answer. It will good for the students if they prepare notes before appearing for exams.
- Good network is still an issue in most areas -
Half an hour is given to drop to the prescribed emails but bad network cause failures to many attempts.
How to crack open book exams?
- Knowledge: a solid understanding of the course content.
- Systems: organized notes and a systematic way to find content quickly.
- Academic integrity: make sure your work is your own – otherwise it’s not your success
- Timing: The most important component! Plan the time you have per question based on grade/weighting and total time allocated. Check your pace and skip ahead if you need to.
- Reading the question : understand the question what are they asking, identify key words in the question.