In the SIT (Satellite Inter Active Terminal) room of Atomic Energy Kendriya Vidyalaya No.2, a fire broke out in a short circuit in the AC at around 10 am on Thursday. There was no one in the room at the time of the incident. In this event, all are safe. PTI, NCC officer Dr. AH Khan started finding the source of fire with the fire extinguisher kept in the school. Principal RK Sahni, NK Sharma, Pawan Kumar also reached and helped to extinguish the fire. The fire brigade of the nuclear power plant was reported. The fire brigade team arrived at this. The fire was completely brought under control in about half an hour. The stuff in the room was thrown out.
Principal RK Sahni said that the SIT room does not open normally. On Thursday, a meeting was to be held for teacher recruitment, for that the SIT room was opened at 9 am. AC was started after cleaning. The class IV employee was going to keep water in the room. When the door opened, they saw there was a fire in front. When the fire was reported, Dr. AH Khan, a PTI near the room, ran and started extinguishing the fire with a fire cylinder and the fire brigade was also informed. The initial fire was not allowed to grow. The fire brigade extinguished the entire fire. Cylinders were installed everywhere in the Atomic Energy Kendriya Vidyalaya to extinguish the fire. Hence it was easy to extinguish the fire.
800 students was evacuated from the school. Rehersal like situation was made at that time. when school staff got information of fire the within a minute all classes was informed then all the students stated moving towards the ground. All the students are now safe. Ater this incident school declared a holiday.